Articles of Incorporation
Restated Articles of Incorporation
California Community Colleges Classified Senate
The undersigned certify that:
- They are the President and Secretary, respectively, of California Community Colleges Classified Senate.
- The Articles of Incorporation of this Corporation are amended and restated to read as follows:
- The foregoing amendment and restatement of Articles of Incorporation has been duly approved by the board of directors.
- The foregoing amendment and restatement of Articles of Incorporation has been dully approved by the required vote of the members.
I. The name of this corporation is California Community Colleges Classified Senate.
A. This corporation is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for public purposes.
B. The specific purpose of this corporation shall be to represent the Classified Staff of the California Community College System for participation in governance and to support the mission of the California Community College System. The corporation is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, religious or scientific purposes with the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
C. Upon dissolution of the corporation, assets shall be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code, or shall be distributed to the federal government, or to a state or local government, for a public purpose. Any such assets not disposed of shall be disposed of by the Superior Court of the county in which the principal office of the corporation is then located, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
D. No substantial part of the activities of this corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
We further declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the matters set forth in this certificate are true and correct of our own knowledge.
- Signed by Anthony Prestby, President (August 27, 2003) and Mary Anne Fry, Secretary (August 29, 2003)
- Certified and Endorsed by the Secretary of State on September 2, 2003