Partial List of Available Topics and Presentations
(Some of these topics are still being developed and others are ready now)
- Creating Your Professional Development Portfolio
- Leadership: How To Get Where You Want To Go?
- Classified Senate Involvement In Professional Development
- Strengthening Our Colleges: Transforming Our Future Through Professional Development
- Your Legal Rights To Participate In Community College Governance
- Classified Senates As Employee Participation Groups
- Senates And Unions Successfully Working Together For Their Districts
- Strengthening Your Classified Senate
- Learning With Governance and 4CS
- Discovering Leadership
- California Community Colleges Classified Senate (4CS)
- Exploring The Importance Of Customer Service
- The Benefits Of A Positive Attitude
- Anger Diffusion
- Meeting With Consensus
- Classified Staff, Classified Senates And Governance
- Using Technology To Enhance Governance
- Why Should We Volunteer?
- Creativity And Governance
- Effective Committees – Learning To Work Together
- Governance And Leadership
- Participatory Governance: Finding The Time To Make It Happen
- Communication, Learning, Black Holes And Governance
- Designing Your Perfect Web Site For Communication
- Just Do It – Creating A Local Conference Or Retreat
- Beginning A Classified Senate
Creating Your Professional Development Portfolio
We spend countless hours serving on committees, working to improve ourselves, and hoping for opportunities to grow and advance. Yet, how many of us actively keep track of what we’ve done and work to set realistic goals for planning our future? Learn how to bring together your professional development history into a portable, usable portfolio. Be amazed at what you’ve already accomplished and hadn’t realized. Look for leadership experiences in places you never though to look before. Presenter utilizes PowerPoint and will need a projector, screen, and electrical outlet. Handouts will be provided. Presentation best suited to a 30-minute session (can be adapted and or combined with Leadership: How to Get Where You Want to Go)
Leadership: How to Get Where You Want to Go?
Unlock the mystery of leadership to realize your own expertise and potential. Gain an understanding of the strengths necessary to become a great leader and identify those qualities in yourself as well as areas for personal improvement. Learn to better know yourself as leader and set a direction for yourself. Leadership is a challenge, can be rewarding, and can even be fun….the tips and ideas presented here can help you on the road to leadership nirvana. Additional component on creating a professional development portfolio can be added. Presenter utilizes PowerPoint and will need a projector, screen, and electrical outlet. Handouts will be provided including a suggested reading list. Presentation is best suited to 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours if including professional development portfolio.
Classified Senate Involvement in Professional Development
Classified senates are great vehicles for providing or enhancing staff development programs in the community colleges. Investigate ways in which your classified senate can contribute to professional development at your campus. This workshop will explore the role classified senates can play in creating, promoting, enhancing professional development programs highlighting examples from various community colleges throughout California. Some areas of focus will be Celebrating Our Success; Continuing Education; Network Building, Communication; Conference and Development Days; and Leadership Programs. Presenter utilizes PowerPoint and will need a projector, screen, and electrical outlet. Handouts will be provided. Session is designed for 1 _ hours to include audience interaction and questions, can be adapted as necessary.
Strengthening Our Colleges: Transforming Our Future Through Professional Development
State Center Community College District’s Classified Professional Development Committee is transforming the culture of its colleges to support continuous improvement and professional development. Explore how the classified employees from across the district created a unique and exciting professional development program. Information highlighting the four-strand program of technical trainings, educational cohorts, professional development conferences, and Leadership State Center will be shared. Presenter utilizes PowerPoint and will need a projector, screen, and electrical outlet. Handouts will be provided. Session is designed for 1 1/2 hours to include audience interaction and questions, can be adapted as necessary.
Please note: Additional topics and their descriptive paragraphs will be added as they are ready.
Thank you for your patience. If you need a speaker now, please contact 4CS directly since there are more presentation possibilities then are listed here at this point in time.